Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ladies...Start Your Ovens

Well, Summer is turning into Fall (my favorite time of year). Time for brisk, blustery days, warm sweaters, crunchy,crackling leaves under your feet, and the smell of yummy comfort food being cooked or baked. Oh my, I feel my thighs and butt getting bigger already. Did I just go up one pant size? Oh well, I love comfort food. While it cooks, it fills the house with it's luscious aroma and the oven warms the kitchen. It's wonderful to be nice and cozy inside your home while something delicious is baking in the oven.

This is a side dish recipe I got from my sister-in-law, who got it from a friend while she lived in Fort Benning, Ga. It is very good. In addition, it is pretty simple and you don't need exact measurements. It all depends on how much cheese and bacon you like on your potatoes. Yes, I know, I just said cheese, bacon, and potatoes in the same sentence so you know you are liking this recipe already (I haven't even mentioned the ranch dressing yet). Oh yeah, they are TOTALLY low fat. If you believe that last sentence I have what my husband in another life George Strait would say "ocean front property in Arizona".

I don't know what the official name for this recipe is so I am going to call them

Cheesy Ranch Potatoes

Ingredients

2lbs potatoes (you can use any kind, but red work the best)

1 ranch packet

1 C. mayo

1 C. milk

1 bag real bacon crumbles or you can cook your own bacon

4-6 C. Colby-Jack Cheese shredded

**Cube potatoes and boil until fork can pierce but potatoes are still firm. While potatoes are boiling mix ranch packet, mayo, and milk. Drain potatoes and put back into pot. Pour half ranch dressing onto potatoes, half of the bacon crumbles, half the cheese, mix well. Spray Pam in a 13X9 inch pan, then put potato mixture in pan. Pour remaining ranch dressing, cheese, and bacon on top of potatoes. Place into a 375 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes until bubbly.

Enjoy!

LadyDi

7 comments:

shortmama said...

Sounds very good! I have a food blog too! How funny hehe

Unknown said...

This sounds too delicious and very simple! These recipes are the only ones I can follow. Ones with guestimates for measuring... : )

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

Oh yum. If all your recipes are going to be this easy, I'm in. Following.

Amy said...

I love the originality of the recipe name, Lady Di.

Lady Di said...

Hey, much thought and effort went into that name!!

monica said...

Oh that sounds yummy! Will have to try that out!!

Stephanie said...

Oh those sound delish!