Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is by far the best Chocolate Chip cookie recipe I have found as of yet and I have looked far and wide. If you like big,moist, yummy cookies you will LOVE this recipe!

2 Cups All Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or use nonstick cookie sheets.

Sift together flour, baking soda and salt: set aside. Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy. Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand with wooden spoon. Drop dough 1/4 cup at a time on sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in oven or until edges are lightly toasted. Cool on sheets a few minutes then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.

I wish I could take credit for the recipe but I think I found it on Taste of Home and actually followed the recipe for once, only because my cousin made it the first time. Regardless it is a keeper.

No comments: