Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Recipes I have tried

I recently made this Apple Cider Cake from Brandy at I'm Not Your Average Soccer Mom. So easy and so so delicious.

Also, I made this cake from Paula Deen's Best Desserts Magazine out this month for a little tea party the girls and I had (it was a huge hit) :

Double Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

Makes 1 (10inch) fluted cake

1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) box instant chocolate-flavored pudding mix
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 (12 - ounce) bag mini chocolate morsels
Garnish: confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 to 15 cup fluted pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.

In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, and sugar. Add water, oil and eggs. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sour cream and chocolate morsels. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners' sugar.

So yummy!

1 comment:

monica said...

I was looking for a dessert to make for fathers day I think I will do this - Thanks!